Hmong Museum is embarking on a forward-thinking trend in preserving Hmong history through digitization. As such, we are launching a major scanning project in May of 2019.
HOW IT WORKS
- Community members can bring up to 5 items to be scanned on-the-spot.
- Contributors will receive a copy of the scans
- The digital image will be a donation to the Hmong Museum’s archives
- Contributors will keep their items.
WHY DONATE YOUR IMAGES
Preserve you family’s legacy
- These images will be archived in perpetuity to be accessible by for future generations.
Share your family story
- “A picture is worth a thousand words”: Images shared could be used in Hmong Museum programs, historical publications, other related fashion — making it accessible to community. Your images will never be altered or distorted.
See an example marriage contract for Wang Yer Vang.