Hmong Museum is a grassroots organization, dedicated to telling and preserving Hmong people’s stories. We are looking for a superstar intern to join us for a part-time, paid internship. In early 2021, Hmong Museum will be hosting the We Are Water Exhibit MN, a travelling program to educate and connect water to the Hmong community.
The program coordinator intern will assist in all aspects of this important program from public relations to communications and project management. You’ll gain first-hand experience in putting together a public program. An exciting opportunity to boost any resume!
- Plan and assist with public programs for the We Are Water Exhibit MN
- Research and assist with content development for exhibit
- Coordinate and communicate with community partners in a timely manner
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and community outreach
- Track project progress and report on project milestones
- Perform various other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned
- Undergraduate, graduate students and/or recent graduate students
- Ability to work between 5-15 hours a week
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Ability to travel to various locations within the St. Paul and Minneapolis area
- Program planning experience
- Leadership roles in organizations
- Management or supervisor experience
- Pay is $16/hour, up to 7 months with extension dependent on grant.
- Complete application form: https://forms.gle/m8RFhoXvkLLjxfd96
- Email a resume and cover letter to info@hmongmuseumMN.org by February 17, 2020
Position to be filled late February